My husband and I have been friends with a dear couple who have been involved in Children’s Ministries for decades of their lives. They have no children of their own but have dedicated their lives to other people’s children expecting nothing in return but only the hope that these little one’s would say “Yes” to the Savior and begin a journey of following Christ. They are also big train buffs and each year have the children help them set up a huge train display with the theme “Keep on Track with Jesus.”
The Children learn new “Railroad Words” while they gain an understanding of the Gospel. When you “Derail” you are in sin and off the track. When you “Repent” you change direction with the help of the Lord. “Confess”.… You actually tell on yourself and your heart becomes clean again. You are “Forgiven” and welcomed back. Then finally you “Re-rail”.… You are back on track and begin to grow spiritually.
In order to keep on track with Jesus you must:
1. Let GOD be the source of your “power.” Matthew 29:19 tells us that All power is given to Me (Christ) in heaven and on earth….Therefore, Go and make disciples of all nations…teaching them to obey all that I’ve commanded you…Remember, I am with you always.
2. When you de-rail, confess and then get back on the track. (1 John 1 :9) If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
3. The train goes nowhere unless it’s on the track! (John 15:5) Apart from Me you can do nothing.
4. While on the track, the train submits to the will of the Engineer. (Romans 12:1-2) This is the will of God…that you present yourself as a living sacrifice…to Him.
5. God’s Word (the Bible) helps us to keep on track. (Psalm 119:105) Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.
6. Do not put God to a foolish test! (Matthew 4:7) You shall not put the Lord your God to a foolish test!
7.The modeler tries to copy the real thing. We are to copy God! (Ephesians 5:1-2) Therefore, be imitators of God as beloved children and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, and offering and a sacrifice to God.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)