Skip to content
Check out this lesson on possessive nouns given to students in California. Any thoughts?
Directions: Make each sentence less wordy by replacing the underlined words with a possessive noun phrase.
1. The job of a president is not easy. A president’s job is not easy.
2. The people of a nation do not always agree. A nation’s people do not always agree.
3. The choices of the president affect everyone. The president’s choices affect everyone.
4. He makes sure the laws of the country are fair. He makes sure the country’s laws are fair.
5. The commands of government officials must be obeyed by all. Government officials’ commands must be obeyed by all.
6. The wants of an individual are less important than the well-being of the nation. An individual’s wants are less important than the nation’s well-being.