Deeply saddened by the downward slide of our America, I post this just in case you are asleep or not paying attention. Yesterday the Supreme Court ruled that it is perfectly permissible (constitutional) for the government to require its citizens to purchase something. As long as they call it a “tax,” they can require us to buy it and with this purchase undermine most of our freedoms. Where are we anyway? Is this still the United States of America?
Folks who do not have insurance may be rejoicing….but they will not be when they see the kind of healthcare they receive. They will not be when they realize that some bureaucrat in Washington will stand between them and their physician, calling the shots for them. They will not be glad about this when they realize that their old parents are denied the care they need to keep them alive. Wake up America!!!!
A DATE THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY
President Franklin Roosevelt uttered those famous words referring to the treachery of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941. Those words were the precursor to a call for a declaration of war. President Roosevelt vowed that the attack on America would not go unavenged.
Today, June 28, 2012 is a date that will live in infamy. Today is the day American liberty and personal freedom died…the day America died…if we allow this evil to stand. Today’s Supreme Court decision allowing the federal government to own every aspect of our lives…a decision that makes every citizen a serf cannot be allowed to stand.
Chief Justice John Roberts will now go down in history beside Chief Justice Roger Taney and Chief Justice Earl Warren as traitors to the cause of liberty.
Chief Justice Taney declared from the bench that blacks were not human and did not deserve the protection of the Constitution…and a civil war followed pitting brother against brother and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans.
Chief Justice Warren declared that unborn children were not human and did not deserve the protection of the Constitution and millions of innocent babies have been slaughtered.
Chief Justice Roberts has declared that American citizens are mere subjects…bound to the whims of a ruling elite and can be forced against their will to any purpose the ruling majority endorses. He has declared Main Street America undeserving of the protection of the Constitution.
Chief Justice Roberts has been intellectually dishonest and lacking in courage in reaching his decision. Claiming that the individual mandate was legal under the authority granted Congress to raise taxes…he intentionally disregarded the administration and Congress’ own testimony that the enforcing mechanism in the law was not a tax, but a fine. And in so doing he has made a mockery of the rule of law in America.
If “We the people” allow this attack on personal liberty to stand, we are complicit in the crime and will be guilty before future generations for having cared nothing for their freedom.
What then shall we do? We must follow the example of the brave patriots who handed freedom’s torch to us. We must translate the beautiful passion of our Declaration of Independence from the king of Great Britain into our own declaration of independence from the abuses of the ruling elite in Washington. Our founders’ justification is our justification;
“We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these rights are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such a form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.”
We have heard the death rattle of American freedom. What practical steps must we take to revive her?
First, we must rise up with one voice in November and send men and women to Washington to represent the will of the people. The ruling class as proven time and again they do not have the consent of the governed. November 6th must be an overwhelming rejection of the status quo in Washington.
We must clean house…House, Senate and White House…and I pledge all my resources to the challenge…will you?
Second, the individual states must rise up and oppose the implementation of this imposition of a socialist economic model. Every state that joined in the law suit against Obamacare (and others who now understand the implications) must now organize and refuse to take the steps necessary to implement this law. The federal government has no power to enforce its will in this matter. The Legislature may vote to withhold Medicaid funding…or other streams of revenue and states must make plans to cover this contingency…but the issue of personal freedom at risk here is far greater than the inconvenience of dealing with financial distress created by a vindictive and out-of-control federal government.
Only by claiming their sovereignty in this matter and reasserting the power granted to the states by the 10th amendment, can this evil be averted and the American dream be restored. How long would this course of civil disobedience be required? Only for so long as Obamacare remains the law of the land. When the Congress rescinds the law, the relationship between the states and the federal government can be restored…but with a new appreciation of state sovereignty.
Third, we must insist as a precondition to ending the state of civil disobedience that the Constitution be amended as follows:
1. The constitution shall establish reasonable term limits for Congressmen and Senators.
2. The constitution shall re-establish the authority of the states by making elected federal legislators employees of the various states they represent.
3. The constitutional shall require a federal budget that is balanced annually.
4. The constitution shall limit the terms of the federal judiciary.
See proposed Constitutional amendment to address these issues at footnote 1.
As a result of today’s ruling by the Supreme Court on the matter of nationalized healthcare, we can take one of two courses of action. We can complain, but quietly slip back into an attitude of subservience to our federal masters…or we can stand up and take the kind of positive action recommend in our Declaration of Independence.
“Prudence indeed will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government and to provide new guards for their future security. “
For a list of grievances against the federal government see footnote 2
Will we prefer the comfort of our daily routine to the vigor of the battle ahead? Will we shrink from the confrontation assuming others will make our case for us? For the sake of future generations, take this moment in history to reaffirm your commitment to Freedom above comfort…liberty above compromise.
Capt Jim Kinney USN (ret)
THE 28th AMENDMENT
THE RESTORE AMERICA AMENDMENT
Section 1: The Legislative Branch:
- No person shall be elected to the House of Representatives from the same congressional district for more than three consecutive full terms. Nor shall any person be elected to the Senate for more than two consecutive full terms. These term limits are effective upon ratification and apply to all sitting elected officials.
- All federal legislators shall be considered employees of the state they represent in the Congress. When ratified, the various states shall be empowered to determine the level of compensation including pay, retirement and healthcare benefits that their legislators shall receive for their service beginning the first election cycle following ratification.
- In the event a member of Congress is accused of criminal misconduct, the Attorney General of the state represented by the delegate shall be responsible to determine the appropriate course of action. In the event of a conspiracy involving delegates from more than one state the various Attorneys General shall agree together on the appropriate course of action. This authority does not supersede the “Speech or Debate Clause”, but that clause shall be given the strictest interpretation.
Section 2: The Federal Budget
- The federal budget must be balanced within 7 years of the ratification of this amendment and every year thereafter.
- The federal budget including entitlements may never exceed 20% of the previous year’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as currently computed.
- Provisions a. and b. above are rescinded if the President requests and the Congress passes a formal declaration of war. During the period of hostilities, the budget may be in deficit to the degree needed to defend the American people.
Section 3: The Judicial Branch
- Members of the federal judiciary will be appointed to a single 10 year term.
- A sitting member of the federal judiciary may be reappointed with the consent of Congress to a second 5 year term.
- Appointment to any level of the federal judiciary will start the calendar and if any member is nominated for a higher court, their total tenure may not exceed 15 years service in the federal judiciary.
The history of the Congress is a history of rampant corruption and self advancement aimed at the perpetuation of personal privilege and personal power to the detriment of the United States and the persistent and continual transition of power from the states to the central government is a contradiction of the original intent of the founding fathers. This misconduct has resulted in an unacceptable intrusion on the freedom and personal liberties of her citizens. To prove this let facts be submitted for full consideration.
· The Congress has assumed power never intended, violating the basic principle that their just power comes from the consent of the governed.
· The Congress, although recognizing the dangers and corrupting influence of unlimited terms in office and passing a constitutional amendment limiting the span of presidential service, have consistently resisted any efforts by the various states to limit their own length of service.
· The Congress has consistently proven incapable of self control and repeatedly reached into the public coffers to enrich themselves with unmerited pay raises. And, not wishing to be exposed to public scrutiny in this matter they have enacted legislation which automatically increases their pay without the necessity of a public vote.
· In an attempt to alter the original intent of the constitution without amending it through the appropriate constitutional process, the Congress has applied unconstitutional litmus tests to judicial nominees in order to pack the court with judges more concerned with political correctness and international opinion than the actual intent and limiting language of our founding documents.
· The Congress has proven itself incapable of any self discipline with regards to balancing the federal budget, instead filling the annual budget with pet projects which are designed to provide them job security or enrich their family and friends or both at the expense of the public.
· The Congress has exhibited an imperial attitude towards the use of public funds, passing trillions of dollars in spending and running up trillions of dollars in public debt without even the courtesy of a single public hearing. In some cases passing spending bills without having read the full content.
· In contravention of the 10th Amendment to the constitution, the Congress has repeatedly mandated actions in the various states without providing funding to support the requirements thereby essentially imposing taxes and funding priorities on the citizens of the states without consideration for the constitutions of the various states which mandate an annual balanced budget.
· The Congress has continually and without regard for the 10th amendment, usurped the prerogatives of the various states at every turn, demanding for themselves authority never intended by the founding fathers. Establishing cabinet positions and federal agencies encroaching on the sovereign rights of the various states.
· The Congress has demonstrated repeatedly that they are incapable of providing appropriate oversight of their members. Depending on the majority party and the offender at the time; they have either ignored egregious violations of ethics and the law, or for political gain, pursued aggressive unmerited investigative actions against political opponents.
· The Congress has, in an attempt to silence their critics and to protect their status as the ruling class, passed campaign laws limiting the free speech of political opponents McCain-Feingold being their latest attempt at perpetuating themselves in office.
· The Congress has repeatedly voted themselves privileges not accorded common citizens under their authority, passing laws and exempting congressional members from the force of the law.
· The Congress, in establishing “members only” privileges, often refuses to challenge a members’ use of the political process for the advancement of a personal agenda, expecting in return the same courtesy for their own positions. This “Point of Personal Privilege” usually means that without debate they are able to obscure their personal aggrandizement from public scrutiny.
· The Congress has taken their responsibility to “advise and consent” to presidential nominees to mean that they can refuse the nominee a vote on the floor of the Senate when the committee does not wish to advance the nomination knowing full well the full chamber would vote to confirm.
· The Congress has abused the “Speech or Debate Clause” of the constitution to shield themselves from personal accountability to public laws.
This is by no means a complete list of grievances against the current political class that rules in the Congress, but is a list sufficient to support the call for a Second American Revolution to restore the vibrant federalism our founding fathers intended and to correct the never intended consequences of a professional ruling class perpetuating themselves in office at the expense of the well being of the country they have sworn to serve.
2 thoughts on “WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!”
Amen! Also, there will be many Americans shocked when their tax “refund” is smaller or gone after the IRS takes their share to pay for this monstrosity.
This is so sad for America. Why are the folks in WA (our representatives )exempt from this wonderful plan?
Thanks for visiting and commenting. Praying for our America…..encouraging others to pray, get informed, study history, and vote. ~Anne