For the true Biblical homeschooler, teaching our children is more than a choice or preference. It is a conviction….or even a calling. Our home is our mission field. We are called to teach, mentor, and disciple our children, and this calling is from the Lord.
I thought I’d list my top 66 reasons for homeschooling…. for my benefit and maybe yours. I love lists, and enjoy making them up. This list will help remind me and perhaps renew me when I feel unmotivated. This list is for fun but My # 1 reason to homeschool really is all I need to remember.
66. Because we can avoid the agenda of Common Core
65. Because we have opportunities to share the gospel together as a family in our neighborhood.
64. Because it is a joy when our children learn to read especially knowing that you taught them!
63. Because the world is your classroom, the grocery store, the car wherever you are!
62. Because the best teachers are parents not strangers.
61. Because preparing for life is better than preparing for standardized tests.
60. Because you can spend time doing those things which you value rather than what the NEA or government schools value
59. Because we can take a break from academics when life gets hard such as illness, hospitalization, caring for elderly etc.
58. Because we can read and discuss good literature together